25 Feb 2015

For Review March 2015

Hi There,

I have been feeling overwhelmed by the number of products I have lately but would get bored doing a Project Pan so will be doing something different. Each month I will choose a few items I'm keen to try and will aim to try them enough to provide a review by the end of that month. I'm a bit hectic at the moment so I will not be committing to too many products but if I want to review any extras I will.

Item #1: Olay Regenerist Revitalising Hydration Cream SPF 15

I have a 14g sample of this cream that I got from The Reject Shop (of all places!?) and wanted to give it a go before I commit to the full size. It smells really clean and fresh and is a light, easily absorbed lotion. It claims to fight the 7 signs of aging and all that other jazz. I've always been skeptical about this sort of thing (pseudo-science and buzz words aren't really my thing) but I'm beginning to age so I thought I'd give it a go and see if there's any difference. 

Item #2: Inika Truly Organic Pure Primer

I got this in the December Lust Have It bag. I tried it and didn't really rate it as a primer or even a moisturiser so haven't touched it since. Unfortunately (and I think inexcusably), I received the same primer in January's bag. Since I now have two I though I'd better give it a real try. While I really enjoy the lemon scent, I don't have high hopes for this one. If it doesn't work in the way it is intended, I will try it for other uses and hopefully will find something it is good for. 

Item #3: Garnier BB Eye Cream

This little baby was on special at the supermarket so I snapped it up. This claims to decrease puffiness  and wrinkles under the eyes. I have shocking bags and while I don't have wrinkles yet I have developed a lot of fine lines. According to the box it reduce dark circles, puffiness and signs of fatigue and will brighten eyes in one application. In seven days eyes are supposed to appear less tired, more rested and dark circles appear less visible and puffiness is reduced. Tall claims, we shall see.

Update: I'm adding another item.
Item #4: Covergirl Clean Normal Skin Foundation
I just picked this up from the throw-out bin at Woolworths for $6.95 because the packaging was damaged (who cares about packaging?). I have the Covergirl 3-in-1 Outlast Foundation which is quite good, however it is a bit heavy for me for everyday use, especially when it's as hot as it has been lately. This one claims to be lightweight coverage which feels and looks fresh and natural. It also apparently won't clog pores. I have a serious issue with my pores and foundation loves to pool conspicuously in them so hopefully this works. The colour is in natural beige which is bordering on a bit too dark now, so in winter it might be unwearable. I usually just add a lighter BB cream and that works fairly well. I have tried it without primer to see how the colour matched and it didn't seem to pool in the cracks or pores so my fingers crossed. 

I will check back with links to the full reviews once I have done them. I'm hoping they work, but am a massive cynic so it'll be interesting to see. 
I will include photos and better descriptions in each individual review. This is really just a post to inform you of what I'm intending on doing. 


If you've tried any of these items, let me know. I'd love to hear everyone's thoughts on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment