15 Sept 2014

happy skincare: cloud 9 deep cleansing balm: review

 happy skincare: cloud 9 deep cleansing balm: review

I was lucky enough to receive this product in the September 2014 Nature's Beauty Bag. It is 100% naturally sourced, 85% organic, vegan and animal cruelty-free. 
It is incredibly thick, like spreadable butter, and has a really light citrus scent. To me it smells like lemon balm tea. This light scent it really important as, without it this balm would be in danger of feeling too heavy. The instructions state to mix a pea sized glob with a few drops of water and rub the rich milk-like fluid into your skin. You leave it on for a few minutes, then rinse it off. It took me a few times to figure out how to use this for my skin without ending up with slightly oily skin. I was moisturising after using this but it turns out you don't need to. This is the key! After I stopped moisturising, there was no problem with oil at all. I absolutely LOVE this product. I find the scent incredibly pleasing and it leaves my skin feeling well moisturised and clean.
The full size product is $34.10 for 80ml. I received 20ml. It is an incredibly generous sample size. I have been using this every day since I received it over a week ago and I have barely touched the surface. I have included a photo of the jar as it is now and have even stuck my finger right down to the bottom so you can see just how deep this little jar is. This product as a sample size is available in a skincare discovery pack on their website which contains samples of 3 other products and costs $19.80 including shipping and a $9.95 voucher (to be used within 21 days). They claim there is enough product to last for 2 weeks. Check out their website if you are interested. 

update: Phoebe from Happy Skincare has read my review and offered some advice for the use of this product. I have permission to publish this so here it is!: thanks for sharing your wonderful review! We're thrilled you loved the Cloud 9 Deep Cleansing Balm. We usually recommend using a tonic or toner after cleansing and before moisturising to make sure you don't have an oily feeling due to balm being left on your skin, but your solution of just not moisturising is a good one too because you'll get the full effects of all of the wonderful ingredients in there by leaving a little on your skin




Have you used happy skincare products before?
What did you think?
What is your favourite product?

Note: I paid for these products using my own money and have not been approached to do this review. These are my opinions and should not be regarded as anything other than that.  

1 comment:

  1. How good is this cleansing balm?! It's one of my HG products - I love it. It's especially good in winter when our skin can be drier and gentler cleansers can help the situation : ).

    ReplyDelete