15 Sept 2014

INDIO: review of 3 products


indio: review of 3 products

after having received a sample the indio skin tonic in my first (and only) Bella Box August 2014 i liked it so much i looked into purchasing the full size. It's incredibly light and smells amazing and is very refreshing. Even though I really have no idea what toner is supposed to do i thought it would be fantastic in summer just to freshen me up. The full size is around $35.00 for 200ml which for me was far too much. I decided instead to join the indio VIP club as you receive a free sample when you do so i could try another of their vast range of products. Soon after joining i received an email with two offers, a free full-sized age-defense SPF 30+ sun cream worth $69 with your first purchase, and a $20 off voucher. I decided to buy the toner using the $20 off voucher and was not expecting the sun cream to remain on offer, but it was. This is how i managed to purchase both products, along with a free sample, for $15.20 plus $9.95 shipping. I couldn't have been more chuffed. It was shipped the same day and I received it 5 days later - which is impressive as I live in Tasmania and parcels generally take just over a week to get to me.   



indio skin tonic

as previously mentioned, i love this stuff. The sample i got was a little spray bottle, the full size has a pump top. I will definitely be keeping the spray bottle to top up and carry in my bag throughout summer as i do find the whole thing incredibly refreshing. I've been using this after cleansing as instructed and I do feel a bit of tightening but i don't really see any visible evidence of it doing anything much. As I said though, this is my first experience with toner so i'm not too sure what it's supposed to feel like/do. I just really like the scent!







indio age-defense sun cream

This is apparently worth $69! I would never pay that much for a sunscreen EVER, but as it was free i'm certainly happy to have it. Living in Tasmania, I use sunscreen every day in spring/summer and quite often in autumn/winter as the sun down here is particularly bitey. It is quite nice, not too heavy although it does still feel like wearing sunscreen - it's a teeny tiny bit sticky but it is sunscreen so that is to be expected. It is a generous size at 100ml and does not have a scent which is perfect for a sunscreen. I will have to wear it on a high UV day to be able to give it a proper review for how effective it is. 
 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

indio 'balance' moisture perfection - moisturiser

This is a little 10ml sample. It smells like the toner so it's already winning with me. I used it after a swim in a heated pool on Saturday and noticed how nice my skin felt later on that day. It goes on really light and i'm going to be very upset when I run out of this. I really like this product. The full size is $99 for 50ml, or $79.20 for VIP members. You also have to pay for shipping on top of this. I won't be purchasing the full size of this product as I can't justify spending that kind of money on moisturiser, no matter how lovely it is. . . . and it is.

Overall, I really like both the toner and moisturiser. The sun cream is certainly handy to have but it isn't a product that excites me. It is perhaps a little too expensive for me but if you have the spare cash then it is definitely worth a look. They have many more products, some of which sound quite luxurious. I will be keeping an eye on them just in case they have another promotion which makes it more affordable for me. 

Also, I apologise for the terrible photos. I'd just finished work and was keen to take them so I could try them all out. 

Check out indio or sign up to be a VIP here

http://www.indio-skincare.com/ 

Have you used indio products before?
What did you think?
What is your favourite product?
What the heck is toner supposed to do?

 

 Note: I paid for these products using my own money and have not been approached to do this review. These are my opinions and should not be regarded as anything other than that.  







2 comments:

  1. I've been wanting to try the skin tonic for ages! Sounds amazing. Thanks for the review : ).

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should definitely sign up for the VIP club, it's well worth it. You'll get your free sample and, if you like it, you'll have lots of vouchers to use!. Also, I'm a bit fan of your blog. It actually helped me decide which boxes/bags to subscribe too. I am hoping to be as well-read as you are one day!

    ReplyDelete