7 Oct 2014

Violet Box September 2014: Review

I received this box on the Wednesday 1st October, not too late but I would still have liked to have gotten my first Violet Box in the month of the box but oh well. I was still excited to get it even though I already knew what was in it and knew it would not be my favourite box. Anyway, here is what was inside and what I thought of it:

Scandalous Rock Chick Wave Spray. Full size 150ml RRP: $17.95

I'm very glad I got the Wave Spray and not the other possibility, the Dry Shampoo. I don't use dry shampoo but will use this one spray. I am currently growing out a very short cut so don't really have enough hair to test it yet. I did use it and un-surprisingly it really didn't do too much. The smell is ok, although a little strong for me. Not nice enough to want to inhale my hair but also not aweful enough for me to want to remove it and place it as far from my face as possible either. I have a natural wave in my hair and love to use things that will enhance it without making it crunchy. I'm a bit user of beach sprays and tousle-type sprays so will be very interested in what this one will do for me. I'll probably do an individual review of this spray in a few months when I have enough hair to see what it does.
Oh, forgot to mention that the packaging is great, I love black beauty products!


 Foltene Nail Treatment. Full Size RRP:$29.95

Unfortunately I have annoyingly strong nails that grow super fast (unlike my poor hair) so I won't be using this one. My sister has been trying to strengthen her nails recently so I have gifted this to her. She will let me know how she goes with it.




 

 

 

Girlactic Eyeshadow in Flame RRP: $23.00

I got the colour 'flame' which is a burnt orange. It feels nice and soft and is quite
pigmented. I'm still pale coming out of winter so its a bit orange for me now but I think it will look good when I have had a bit of sun. I love golds and browns so I think this one will fit right in to my current collection.

Starlooks Ultra Olive Gem Pencil. Full Size RRP:$21.50

This is a nice green colour and is really sparkly. I would actually have liked a little less sparkle and a bit more colour as it is really light. I have green eyes and was really excited when I saw we were getting this. I like it, just not as much as I thought I would. I'm thinking of getting a dark green eyeliner and then going over it with this pencil.
It is incredibly soft and easy to use, it goes on very well. I usually stay away from pencils as I find them a bit hard - not really a fan of stabbing myself in the eye over and over so I just find liquid/gel eyeliners a bit more user-friendly.

Polished London Nail Enamel. Full Size RRP:8.00

Unfortunately I got this is what was probably the only colour I would never wear. It was a baby pink colour and made my skin look jaundiced. My neice loved it though so this was gifted to her. I did try it on one nail and it seemed to take ages to dry, and once dry it seemed quite soft. I don't know if this is how it actually goes on though because it was one nail, one time so don't base any opinions on that.

The Verdict
I think you can probably see why this one isn't going to be my favourite box. Despite some of the items being a bit of a miss for me, they were all full sized which made it a great value box. None of the items will go to waste though as I always have willing recipients in my very female family which is great. I'm looking forward to playing with the eye make-up, and the wave spray once i stop growing nails and start growing some hair! Overall, I'm happy enough with this box and look very forward to getting my next one. Hopefully in October, but it doesn't matter too much if its not. Still fun!


Have you received this box before?
What did you think?
What is your favourite product?

No comments:

Post a Comment