26 Mar 2015

For Review in March: My thoughts

At the beginning of this month I put up 3 products to try and review over this month. You can see the original post here
Even though it is not the end of the month, I have used these products enough by now to make an informed decision about whether or not I want to continue using them so I feel the time for reviews is upon us.  

Item #1: Olay Regenerist Revitalising Hydration Cream SPF 15

Well, aside from what is a very pleasant smell, this cream doesn'f really stand out to me at all. It doesn't really leave your skin feeling plump and soft and doesn't absorb all that well either. I also haven't noticed any change to my fine lines either. All in all, this cream is OK, certainly not worth the $25 price tag. In fact it is so ordinary that I have needed to remind myself to use it. 

The verdict for this one is, unfortunately, 'forgettable'.

 Item #2: Inika Truly Organic Pure Primer


If you have read my original post, you know that I was not impressed with this product the first few times I used it. Unfortunately this opinion has not changed. I have used this with two different foundations and three different BB creams. I have also skipped the base and used blush and highlighter directly over the primer itself. This does nothing for either the application, appearance or longevity of my makup. It is not hydrating enough to be used as a moisturiser either. I hate this product, it smells great and looks nice however they are its only redeeming features. I don't like to throw anything out so I will probably add this to some foundation to make a tinted cream or something like that.

The verdict for this one is 'useless' which is unfortunate as I really wanted to like this.

 Item #3: Garnier BB Eye Cream


This product claimed to reduce puffy dark undereyes, and reduce fine lines and wrinkles. i really haven't noticed any changes at all to my very puffy and dark undereyes, and no real reduction in my fine lines either. Other than this, i do find this product handy as a BB cream. It is the right colour for my skin and the applicator makes it easy to put the product just where you want it, although it does require some blending out. I find this product particularly useful on days where I don't wear a base and just want some coverage over my bags. As this is most days (I am lucky enough to have good skin so I often skip the base and add highlighter, bronzer and blush on top of my natural skin), I do use this product a lot. I also find that it reduces the waste you get when you apply a product to your hand before destributing it onto your face. 

All in all, I do like this product and if I found it on special again i would definetely re-purchase it if only because I find the application so handy.

The verdict, 'does the job'.

While I did add a foundation to the original post,  I haven't really been wearing it enough to review it at this point. I will add this to the April products.

Let me know if you have used these products before and what you thought of them. I would love to hear other people's opinions and experiences. 








No comments:

Post a Comment