14 Mar 2015

Violet Box: February Unboxing and Review

I got this a couple of weeks ago, towards the end of February, so I've had a good chance to try out the items I'm wanting to keep. This was another great value box containing 4 full size items, and 1 extremely generous sample.

Here's what was in the box:






Natural World Moroccan Argan Oil: RRP $5.99 for 25ml
This is a leave in oil hair treatment. It is designed to lock in moisture, nourish and restore shine. I don’t know about the nourish or shine part of this, but it does a brilliant job at softening and smoothing the hair without leaving it oily. I really enjoy this product. A little goes a long way so this is going to last a very long time (for me in particular as I have very short hair). I have found that it can be put into wet or dry hair and it has a very subtle smell that dissipates to nothing. This is a very important factor for me as I’m really picky about smells. I also like that it is so inexpensive. Congratulations VB, you have introduced me to a previously untried product that I will most definitely be purchasing in the future.

Suki Exfoliate Foaming Cleanser: RRP 46.95 for 125ml
This enormous 30ml sample is frickin amazing. I absolutely love almost everything about this. It has a strong lemon smell which I just love (it also tastes like lemon and sugar if you accidentally gets in your mouth – mmm pancakes). It is a sugar scrub so as you rub the gentle mixture into your face, it both foams and the sugar particles dissolve in a very satisfying way. The only problem I have with this product is the after-smell which smells like microwaving poppadums and stays on your hands for a bit. I have overcome this by washing my hair after I use it so my hands end up smelling like shampoo instead. If this product was cheaper I would be all over it, and the many others from this brand. Unfortunately, my budget doesn’t stretch to this at the moment, however I have already begun saving as this is honestly the best cleanser I have ever used. Big thumbs up from me. 

Emite Make Up BB Highlighting Pen: RRP $32
This product caused much confusion as it says it’s a highlighter, however the card says to use it as a concealer. Said confusion was only made worse when I used this product. It appears to be some sort of hybrid of the two. It is very thick and hard to blend like a stick concealer, very yellow in colour like a concealer, but more reflective than a concealer – more like a highlighter. I have been using it as my undery-eye concealer but have also been using it in the typical highlight areas (above cheekbones, temples, chin, cupids bow). It is ok, the consistency makes it a bit hard to blend nicely and it can look very very cakey without the proper treatment. I’m glad enough to have it, but it isn’t a product I would purchase having used it. Certainly not for that hefty price tag.


Teez Trend Cosmetics Easy on the Eyes Pencil: RRP $26
This is black. I have a multitude of black pencils and I don’t use any of them. I have small eyes and anything darker than a brown just makes them look small and heavy. I was so excited to see a Teez product as I’ve never tried one before but unfortunately that won’t change. The packaging is absolutely beautiful however. I have read that, despite being waterproof this product smudges and transfers fairly badly. I will try and swap or sell this product so I won’t be able to swatch it.

Pretty Woman Magnetix Nail Polish: RRP $9.99
I just could not be less interested in this. The colour is an antique, very very glittery gold. I’m 31 years old, I just have no interest in glitter. It comes with two different magnets which I suppose is good. I haven’t tried it as I’ll be giving to my niece. Magnetic nail polish isn’t new and this coupled with the fact we received a different branded one from VB in November has me questioning why on earth it made it to the box. I forgot to picture this sorry, there is a photo in the first photo at the top of the post. I am so unimpressed with this item that I'm not going to bother taking another photo of it. Apologies.

The swatches. . .
Top: Highlighter Pen, Bottom: Suki cleanser

What I thought. . .
Overall I’d have to say this is a great box and provides excellent value for money. Fair enough I won’t use two of the items in the box, however the value of the other 3 more than makes up for the price of the box. Two of those 3 products I really enjoy, and the other one I will most likely use up so I’m very happy.
Let me know what you thought of the products in the box, I would love to hear other peoples opinions/experience of the products.

No comments:

Post a Comment