6 May 2015

Change in direction. . . a little less cruel

Apologies for not having posted recently. I've been a bit bored with it all to be honest and uni is kicking my arse as well. I think that what I'm about to go into has something to do with my lack of interest in reviewing products/subscription boxes of late.

Anyway, I've decided that I will only buy cruelty-free products from now on. I'm a vegetarian and plan to support companies who share my values. I would also like to try and support Australian companies, preferably the small ones. I would like to feel good about where I'm putting my money. 

I've unsubscribed from Marie Claire's The Parcel and plan on subscribing to Flora and Fauna once I have the funds. I'll be getting the annual subscription as you have to pay postage for the seasonal subscription. It makes it a bit too expensive for my modest means. Here are some unboxings by Messy Downunder. Summer Box and the Autumn Box by Madhatter Cryss. I'm hoping that this will supply me with a good mix of products. Check out their website, or facebook page for more info.

Once my annual Violet Box subscription runs out at the end of the year I will not be renewing. While I love the boxes, they don't state that they are cruelty-free (leads to the assumption that that is not a concern when sourcing products), source from international companies, and I really don't like their connection with TOTE and the subsequent push to gamble.

I have just purchased 3 months of Butterfly Party Bath and Body Box's. This is a company run by a stay-at-home Sydney mother and all products are hand-made, natural, and cruelty-free. This is where I will be getting my skincare from and having looked at her website, I'm very keen to get trying. I will create a more detailed post about this company when I get my first box towards the end of May. In the meantime check out the website, facebook page and here are some unboxings of the soap box by snoozie, and the bath and body box with bath products by Madhatter Cryss and the bath and body box no-bath option. I got the no-bath option because I'm not a bath fan.

I've also recently made a purchase from Ministry of Mineral Makeup Australia (MOMMA) which is a local cruelty-free makeup, accessories/tools and skincare company. I have been impressed with everything I've tried, and I've tried something from each category. They also have kits available and their products are reasonably priced. They often have special deals advertised on their facebook page.

I already have all the makeup I reasonably need so I will use it all up, but after that I will only be purchasing products from cruelty-free and local companies with a preference for small companies.

From this point on I will only be reviewing products that fit this description. 


I'm quite excited about this and feel I may be posting more often because it will be about something I am passionate about and something I think deserves more attention.



No comments:

Post a Comment