25 Jan 2015

Memebox Special #75 Wonder Women: Unboxing and first impressions

I was lucky enough to pick up this box in the recent restock. Unfortunately, my camera has snuffed it and I can't get the photos off so please forgive the poor photos of the info card, unfortunately this will have to do until I can get my phone sorted. 


After having missed two similar boxes, I decided at the last minute to purchase this box and I'm fairly glad that I did. The theme is basically that women are amazing and do a lot and these are products to make life easier - or something like that. The box containes 4 full size items and one sample item (we received 2 samples of the same product).

The box containes:



Clio Gel Presso Waterproof Pastel upper liner in 05 The Groupies RRP: $14
This eyeliner is supposed to be worn above normal eyeliner to provide a contrasting line. It is a deep plumy colour which is neither provides a good contrast to black or brown, nor is it pastel. I don't mind at all however as I'm far more likely to use this than I would a bright and/or pastel colour. I haven't used it yet aside from swatching, however it does appear to be like other gel eyeliner pencils in that it is smooth, creamy and once it dries it doesn't budge. I will certainly be giving this one a go.

Benenet Diamond Illuminator Ampoule RRP: $38
Yay my first ever ampoule! From what I understand, an ampoule is used in place of a serum (correct me if wrong please). I currently have two serums on the go so this one has gone into the cupboard for now. I did test a little bit. the liquid is pearlescent, however it doesn't appear to transfer any luminescence to your skin. The product claims to promote healthy moisturelevels, enhance skins elasticity, and brighten and illuminate skin. I am very excited to use this product and I will update this once i've had a proper go at it.

Vivito Dual Magic Multi Concealer Highlighter RRP: $38
This is a double-ended product with a stick concealor at one end and a liquid highlighter with a doe foot applicator on the other. I have been using this every other day since I got it and am really enjoying it. I have massive dark circles under my eyes so I love trying out products like this one. It seems to do what it should and the concealor is the right colour for me be able to wear it without other makup on.

ProYou Aroma AC Roll On RRP: $12
This is supposed to be a spot treatment for achne prone skin. I have been lucky enough to never suffer from achne, however I do get pimples on my chin fairly regularly. I have one forming right now so have used this one on there today. It is too early to draw any conclusions as yet but I will update this once I've used it a bit more.

Dr Young Pore Syok-Syok Cleansing Gel RRP: $28 for 15ml, we received 2x15ml
I haven't tried this product yet as I am already using a cleanser so I will just quote the card for now and update this once I have used it. I will say that I am fairly excited to get a Dr Young product as I have been lusting after their primer ever since I saw unboxings of the Makeup Edition #1.
Memebox says: "This gel-type cleanser penetrates deep down into pores to remove all excess oil, dirt, impurities, and sebum clogged up inside. . . it's oil free and moisturising as well"


The Verdict:
Given that i bought this box before I had decided to focus on skincare and forego makeup boxes, I'm pretty darn happy. There are actually only 2 makeup items and I am very happy with one of them and will probably get some use out of the other. I am really happy with all 3 of the skincare items too, especially the ampoule. I definitely think this box is worth it. Very happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment