2 Dec 2014

Harvest Box: first impressions and FREE first box link









I have a snacking problem. Anything covered in colourful candy coating is my vice, in a big big way so when I was trawling the internet to find new subscription boxes and saw this box, I was intrigued. It is a box which is sent up to 5 days per week (you choose what day/s you want to receive it) with 4 little tubs of dried fruit/crackers/fruit &or nut bars/trail mixes, all of which are a lovely surprise. 
Don't stress though, when you sign up you are asked to 'rate' their mixes to help them choose something that is appealing to your tastes. There are 4 ratings: No Thanks / Try Me / Like It / Yes Please! and these ratings can be changed at any time. 
I got my first box half price ($4), and subsequent boxes will be just under $8. If you stay subscribed, you get your 5th box half price. When you get your first delivery, your friends can get their first box free, you just have to click  here and enter this email address: cometmumma@gmail.com

This is what I got in my first box:  

Apricot Sundae
 Apricot Sundae. This is a mix of apricot balls and yoghurt-covered berry balls. This is really nice, however the apricot balls weren't quite as tangy as I would have liked. The berry balls were freaking delicious!




Wimbledon
 Wimbledon. A mix of dried strawberries, sultanas and white chocolate drops. At first I was a little disappointed as I'm not a fan of sultanas and there were a lot in this mix. I was also slightly afraid of the dried strawberries as they really don't look all that appealing. I actually really loved this mix, I think it may have been my favourite of the box. Dried strawberries - I will eat you every day for the rest of my life. Seriously, they were like little lollies, absolutely bloody delightful. The sultanas, while still sultanas were one of the nicer examples of their kin. The white chocolate was white chocolate and could therefore do no wrong. This one is definitely a Yes Please! from me.  

Great Wall. This is a mix of almonds, goji berries, sunflower seeds and milk chocolate buds. This was ok. I've never been a huge fan of goji berries, they taste a bit like absolutely nothing to me. I like sunflower seeds and almonds (and of course chocolate), however I already have these things in my cupboard so I was a bit 'meh' about this one. I've learned though and will in be putting a No Thanks on the heavily almonded varieties so as to save room for the more exciting ones. 



The med
 The Med. This is a mix of peanuts, chickpeas (love these little buggers), hazelnut, pepitas and broad beans with a coating of salt, chilli, garlic, spices and lime oil. Unfortunately, while delicious, these guys were way too spicy for my 'big girls blouse' tastebuds. From what I could taste of the flavour through what is probably just a mild spice but felt to me like 3rd degree tongue burn, these would have been really nice with the lime on them. Oh well, my brave husband will love this mix. Needless to say, these guys will be getting a No Thanks from me. This makes me a little sad because I really wish I had more grit as I think they would have been delicious. 

Delicious and Nut-ritious. . . .see what I did there. So funny.
I think this box is a great idea. My husband is chiding me because he thinks it's expensive, but I really like that it's a surprise. I've organised for it to arrive on my study day, when I'm chained to my desk at home doing uni work. It's a great little distraction, and one I don't have to leave home for. It really makes the rest of my study day a bit more bearable, and certainly less boring. This box is a win from me and I'm really looking forward to seeing what it has in store for me next week. Great job Harvest Box!

No comments:

Post a Comment