10 Dec 2014

Memebox Special #56 K-Style 4: Unboxing and review


Special #56 K-Style 4 was $23 USD and contains 6 full size make-up items. The theme is Korean beauty favourites.
Note: all prices are in USD as this is what they use on their site.

 If you'd like to check out Memebox, please click the link at the bottom of the post or check out my Memebox tab which explains what it is and provides links and discount codes.
 


 Shara Shara Triple Shine Color Shadow: RRP $25 for 2g. There were a few different colours available, obviously I got the purple. This really isn't my colour and I'm a bit too old for it so I've decided to give it to my neice. I haven't swatched it due to this fact. 
Receven Face Control Foundation #002 Violet RRP: $22 for 17g
I've actually wanted to try this since I saw some CPM2 unboxings so I'm happy to have it. This is a purple foundation designed to brighten dull skin tones. I have a dull skin tone but it does lighten me up a bit as well. I've only played with it a couple of times so I've still got a bit more experimenting to do before I pass judgement. A lady on an FB group suggested using a damp beauty blender to put it on and described the effect as 'beautiful'. I don't have a beauty blender, or equivalent but I think I will invest in one and give it a go. Thanks for the advice!

 

Shara Shara Petit Friend Matte Lip Crayon RRP: $11 for 3g.
There were 4 available colours and I got red which I am extremely pleased about. The packaging is cute I guess, however I'm a bit of an old duck so am not really won over by that. You get a generous amount of product (it is a twist up) and it goes on really nicely and has a pleasant scent. It is definitely not a no-budge formula but I have a red lip liner on the way in a Violet Box so I think this will help it. 

 
 IdeeB Real Triple Rouge 02 Shine Pink RRP: $17 for 3g
This is a plumping lip gloss/tint. I would agree, it plumps, is glossy and leaves a little bit of subtle colour when it's gone. I wish it wasn't such a barbie pink but it's not opaque so I feel like I can make it work. I'm not big on glosses but this one is no worse than the others and when my lips are plumped it makes them look less dry so I won't complain. The packaging however is really tacky. It's got a pink tinted chrome lid which I'm not a lover of and would be a bit embarrassed if anyone saw me using it (again I think I'm just a bit too old for it). Still, while not an extraordinary product it's pretty good for what it is. 


Receven Volumizing Mascara RRP: $26 for 7ml
I haven't used this as I still have a couple of mascaras on the go. I will update this once I've used it. I won't explain what it is, I'm sure you all know.




Beauty People Miss 100Auto Gel Pencil Liner RRP: $38 (jesus!) for 0.5g


 This is a shimmery brown eye liner. I love brown eyeliners as my eyes are too small for everyday black wear. This can be used as an eyeliner or shadow but if you use it as a shadow, blend it out before it dries because this baby is no-budge. I wore it as both an eyeliner, and an eyeshadow and was really impressed. It didn't smudge or crease the whole day. I will definitely be using this one all up. It also has a little sharpener in the base which is a nice and useful touch.



Swatches
Top: Face Control Foundation/Eye Liner/Lip Crayon/Lip Plumper/Gloss

The verdict
While this wasn't the most exciting box, it was full of useful items. The two I'm really excited about are the lip crayon and eyeliner. I'm holding out judgement of the purple foundation until I've had a good and proper play around with it. I think this is a well rounded box and good value for the price. I do however think I will ease up on the makeup boxes and start getting into the skincare ones as I've enjoyed them much more. 
 
Did you recieve this box
Did you like it?
What was your favourite item?
Any questions?

Check out Memebox here
note: I paid for this bag myself and have written this review with no outside prompting or imput.

No comments:

Post a Comment