10 Dec 2014

Memebox Special #53 Wine and Cheese Cosmetics: Unboxing and Review


The Wine and Cheese Memebox was $29 and contains full size items fitting into the theme of wine and cheese based skincare products. This box is by far my favourite of the ones I have received so far. 

 If you'd like to check out Memebox, please click the link at the bottom of the post or check out my Memebox tab which explains what it is and provides links and discount codes.
Note: All prices are in USD


 LadyKin Mangchee Replenishing Hand Cream RRP: $14 for 60ml
This smells incredible. I'm not sure that it smells of mango but is certainly smells tropical. It's not too sweet a smell so I'm really enjoying it. The tube looks huge but it is only about half full. It isn't missing half the product, its just that the packaging is too big. It is a nice thin handcream, very hydrating and I'd say about medium on the greasy-after-feel scale. I keep this by my bed so I can have lovely smelling hands every night. 


 Tonymoly I'm REAL Red Wine Mask Sheet Pore Care RRP $1 each, I got 2.
These are enriched with red wine complex, is fast absorbing and softens uneven skin texture while maintaining a healthy oil balance, or so they say. I haven't tried these are i'm a little nervous about the smell. If they smell like red wine I'm really not going to want them on my face for 20 minutes. I will try one and if I hate it will give the other away. I will keep you posted. 


 Innisfree Wine Peeling Jelly Softener RRP: $12 for 180ml
I was lucky enough to receive this product as many others did not get it and were compensated with points. I wish I was one of those people as, unfortunately I really don't like the smell. Its strong, sweet and very red wine-y. I won't be using this and will be passing it on to someone else. 



Blanc Doux Pinot Noir UV shield and Tone-Up Sensitive RRP: $36 for 40ml
I absolutely love this. From the packaging to the smell, its just a lovely product. It's non-greasy and is 35+. It goes on really nicely and doesn't effect my makeup at all. All round win for me. 


 Dear by Eprani Bounce Cheese Cream $35 for 30ml
This is a day cream with a stretchy mozzerella-type texture which is supposed to help it adhere to the skin. It is also supposed to hydrate your skin in such a way that it plumps your cheeks and smooths out fine lines. You can see in the picture how it has stuck to my finger and stretched out. I actually don't really like this much, which surprised me as its a cult favourite. I find that the stretchiness means that I have to change the way I get the product out of the tub, I have to scrape my finger off on the edge which I don't really like. It also leaves my skin feeling tacky. I will continue to use it until I've finished it but I won't go out of my way to get it again. I will let you know if I notice any difference in my fine lines. 

 

LadyKin Mangchee Lifting Mask RRP: $14 for 60ml
This is mask you sleep in. It is incredibly light and it just feels as though you are putting on a moisturiser. I haven't found that it sticks to anything or stains and you don't need to wash it off in the morning. The best thing is that it smells exactly the same as the hand cream. I love this smell so much and my skin feels lovely in the morning. I've never had anything like this so I'm really happy to have it. 

The Verdict
As I said before, this is my absolute favourite box so far. I really love it. All the product except the Cheese Cream are now staples in my skincare routine. I just have nothing negative to say. As I bought this box without discounts, making it my most expensive box, I'm really happy that I took that plunge. I actually think that if they did a restock I would buy it again. Between this and the other skincare box I got (Oil Therapy, see review here), they've totally won me over to the skincare boxes. No mean feat as I was only really interested in getting makeup boxes when I joined. I'm really looking forward to what they have in store for the future.  

Did you recieve this box
Did you like it?
What was your favourite item?
Any questions?

Check out Memebox here
note: I paid for this bag myself and have written this review with no outside prompting or imput.

No comments:

Post a Comment